Get another memory card! So I bought another memory card to not mess with RaspBMC set up.
Last Sunday karaoke machine workaround went like this:
1. If you don't Raspbian image on the memory card already, do so.
2. Install PyKaraoke from Raspbian repos
sudo apt-get install pykaraoke
3. Configure PyKaraoke to search songs from your karaoke song folder. PyKaraoke supports wide variety of different formats .
4. Configure PyKaraoke to start automatically on the startup:
sudo nano /etc/xdg/lxsession/LXDE/autostart
@pykaraoke_minito the end of autostart program list.
5. Boot the Pi to test the setup and have Karaoke fun :)
PyKaraoke Mini is a simple frontend that has only a list of all karaoke songs, so it is simple and easy to use after the configuration is done. The full frontend has all features where it is easier to configure playlists etc. but it doesn't suit as well to easy karaoke fun usage.
|P1: The Pi|
|P2: PyKaraoke Mini main view, the song list|
|P3: Playing the karaoke|